Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Have A Pretty Face

This is not my story . This is the story of a friend that I am trying to tell here . Please give it due respect .

I maybe wasting my time ,

But for now I don't give a dime .
To soothe my inner agitations I write this rhyme,
Even as the clock behind me chimes .
I wish to do away with all those petty slimes
Who come after me for my pretty face
Who eye me hungrily as I walk in my dress adorned with lace .
I wish for God's grace ,
Even as in my mind I bash them with a mace ,
And give their faces a grind .
I wish I could maim their mind ,
For when I walk , with their wolfish eyes they watch my behind,
So that they can no longer ogle at one of my kind .
With their lustful eyes they watch me lips ,
Even as in ther minds they envisage me strip ,
Which make me wish, that their heads I could rip .



As the agitations inside me calm down deeper I begin to think ,
I realize I am disgusted at how much it stinks .
That people can find it so easy to call a pretty face a mink ,
Without even missing a blink .
One day they will have to do away with this stigma
Or the anger inside all the" pretty faces "will erupt like magma .

11 comments:

  1. Really nicely written I can hear your frustrations loud and clear. It must be hard to be a pretty women and just as hard to not be one. Will we ever just look at the beauty within??? I doubt it we are wired that way but we could learn to be more polite and civilized.

    jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim . I was attempting to write this poem from the point of view of my friend who has a very pretty face but that makes people ignore the beautiful person she is inside . And as for the wolfish looks she gets at times makes me want to rip off that guy's head .
    Yeah , I also doubt it but I feel that still we can show that much restrain . After all it is not beyond human capabilities .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Vinayak ... Each and every word chosen meticulously assuring the presence of each and every feeling and a consummate poem . I adore your adroitness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anjali thank youfor all the lavish praises . Hope you enjoy my future endeavors too . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frustration and protection is what I see from your poem of the pretty faced girl. She is just a friend or someone you admire more closely? Either way nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie , she is a very good friend . In the past she had helped me many times when I had been down and dejected so yes you can say that I admire her greatly too .
    And thank you ..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To what extent Vinney, do you think male attitudes in India need to change to accept women for who they are and as equals?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim , I think the male attitude in India needs to change to that extent that we can begin to treat women as equals everywhere , as opposed to treating them as equals only at places where there is a higher authority to look after their interests .However , I believe that this type of behavior is shown not only by Indian males but from other places too . This is a very sad reality .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great rhythm and rhyme to the poem - it had a tempo like a woman walking. I could hear the steps across the road.

    Thanks for sharing! I'm excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maureen thanks a lot . I am glad that you liked the poem .Keep coming back each week . You will definitely find something new to read .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked it frm ur friend's point of view.. ;-)Good job bhai. And i guess i knw ur this special frnd.. ;)

    ReplyDelete