Tuesday, July 19, 2011

When the glasses change hands

First of all this is a totally imaginary story and is not intended towards offending anyone and is written merely to help me get a better grip on my writing , a better understanding of it . So , all your positive as well as negative suggestions will be unequivocally and wholeheartedly welcomed .





It is Saturday night . The date night in Cambay (or as many aptly call it , the getting laid night) .I am planning to visit my favourite nightclub "The dancanza " . The name is supposed to be a portmanteau of dance and extravaganza (what I believe is that the owner of the club had a few drinks too many when he was naming the club).

So anyways I am headed out to the dance club to have a few shots of vodka , to hit the dance floor , to release all the pent up frustration over my ex boyfriend .The jerk that he was he was two timing me behind my back as I went for a seminar for a couple of weeks to New Jersey with my colleague Jenny . Of course I had to dump him . The actual ceremony turned out to be a bit ugly with me hitting him with his own briefcase but hey ,  +1 to girl power .

I  look at the mirror once more before I head out . My skirt and tank top look to be enjoying themselves as they compliment each other very well ., I check : my lip gloss , mascara and my hair all are in their places . I leave my apartment , get into my car : a Hyundai Verna and drive away .

I have no issues in getting into the club for neither am I dressed in a way that could be called "Behenji type " nor am I short of cash to get in . I enter the club ,  see the dance floor , hear the DJ put on the track  "On the floor" by Jlo . Though this song is one of my current favourites first of all I need a drink . To wash down all the anger that is within me , that has been simmering inside me for the past one week , which I had let out just a little bit when I hit my ex - boyfriend with his own briefcase. So after I have drained down 4 vodka shots in a manner that can hardly be called ladylike I finally head to the dance floor .

The floor is shaking as everyone is jumping up and down on the floor . The lights are going on and off , moving rhythmically over the entire dance floor in a hypnotising manner. They put me in a frenzied trance like state  and I hear myself singing out loud "Give me love love " as Take That's track blares over the loudspeakers , I look around at couples around me dancing and sadly remember the events of the week gone by . I want to get over them fast .

As , I keep on dancing I notice a cute guy dancing a little way down the dance floor . He looks cute , presumably from a well off family and he seems to be single ! My mind is telling me to get a move on before any other girl starts off after him . For on a saturday night a cute guy in a nightclub is hard to remain unnoticed and unlaid .

Slowly as the song is playing . as everyone around me is jumping up and down , i move even as I continue swaying my body with the rhythm of the song  towards the guy . We soon are placed adjacent to each other and the track changes to gold digger by Kanye West . I don't know anything about a gold digger but right now I am definitely am a guy digger to say the very least . We are soon turned towards each other with our bodies swaying to the tunes of the song .Neither one of of us misses a beat as our swaying soon turns into fast , sweaty gyrations  .

The songs ends and I ask him if he wants a drink . He smiles and nods . I go the bar and ask for two vodka shots . While the bartender is pouring out the drinks from my bag I take out a couple of tablet of roofies. Though I want to spend the night with him I don't want him to remember pretty much anything about it .

I slip the roofies in his vodka glass before I take it to him . I give him glass and he drains his shot in one go . He tells me the next round is on him and I let him go and get it . We have a couple of shots more that .

I wake up with my head feeling like it is about to burst open . The pain itself is making me dizzy . I groggily try to get up . As I finally get seated on the bed I am hit by a realization  or rather many realizations . This room is unfamiliar , this bed is unfamiliar , my lingerie is all over on the floor , I am naked and the sunlight filtering through the curtains of window towards my side of the bed suggests that the day is already up though I have no idea which day this is .

Suddenly , someone next to me begins to move in an attempt to get up . I see that he is a guy , as naked as I am . I see his face and realize that he is the same cute guy from the nightclub yesternight . Finally he is also sitting and his collected enough of his beari9ngs . He turns to look at me and says . "Goddamnit ! You were the one who was supposed to remember nothing . "

4 comments:

  1. You appeared to be a pretty seasoned customer,fantastic work, enjoyed thoroughly.Keep it up my dear, you have shown a great promise,following you.God bless.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you nirupam for ur encouraging words . For a young beginner like me they are very encouraging . Do keep coming back each week . I can assure you that you will find something interesting 2 read each time . :)Thank you nirupam for ur encouraging words . For a young beginner like me they are very encouraging . Do keep coming back each week . I can assure you that you will find something interesting 2 read each time . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Work.. :).. An Interesting Read.. :)

    ReplyDelete