Saturday, July 23, 2011

Musings Of An Atheist

The debate between theists and atheist is an old one . I am not here to debate but only to acknowledge that I am an atheist and share some of the thoughts and questions which made me one  .



God is a simple three lettered expression ,
Encompassing within its imaginary hallowed animation ,
The hopes , beliefs and prayers of billions .
Who ride their various faiths as pillions ,
As if they were being handed out bullion ,
To follow their creed without deviation. .

I was born an atheist ,
But taught to be a theist.
Something which was contrary to my nature,
And which didn't resonate with my inner creature.
Call it blasphemy,
But to me it seemed to be stupidity,
To paint a doll a certain way and worship it,
And to lordship over a lesser kin of it .

Then there was the question of granting
Miracles , to the mortals who on this earth are living.
If God chose one over the another wasn't he biased ?
Or did he leave all that questioning  to a simple roll of dice

The simple quotation , "Lord helps those who help themselves "
Sent me deeper into the sea of doubt that was arising within myself .
For it meant that if I had already helped myself,
Then what was there left for God to do himself .

Questions like these kept popping in my little head,
And one day finally broke my faith's thread
And broke loose my inner creature
And adopted his true nature.
So, though they tried to teach me to be a theist.
I am again who I was when I was born . An atheist .

2 comments:

  1. You know vinny i just loved the words the musings....!! Am proud to be an atheist.! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jayanth I am too .....:)
    Share this with all your atheist friends and tell them to be proud of who they are .

    ReplyDelete