Friday, December 2, 2011

Fire puts out fire



Have you ever noticed how one fire puts out another , eating into the very core of its existence ; it forces the other fire out of existence , cutting off its connection from its source of sustenance . Well so is pain , one pain will always drive the other one out of your consciousness . So what will happen if to drive away one pain from your mind you indulge in another and get caught up in the vicious chain . How do you put an end to that chain?




While on my face floats humor ,
On her face screams horror ;
As she glances at me .
Lying there sprawled on the floor ,
Wrists slashed ,
Eyes popping out of their sockets ;
As if they were ready to jump into my pocket .
I lay there in a pool of blood ,
With the grin of a fool
Adorning my ugly face .

The red river of life .
Which used to flow in me ,
Making me thrive .
Was flowing out of my crimson wrists ,
Over my half open fists.
Slowly taking away my breath ,
Making them so silent as that of a thief
Walking with stealth .

In my fading state ,
As bleak as my fate .
I can sense she is a wreck ,
On the outside in a shape ,
Much worse than mine
All draped in red .

The pain of my efforts ,
Finally begin to manifest .
And I am ever so greatful
For finally I find something ,
To overpower
That terrible pain
That for all the while to my heart had been clinging .

The terrible pain ,
Which I had tried to numb
Using devices various .
But to no avail .
There wasn't an end to all my heart's wails .

As fire puts out fiire ,
So in times dire
I realized that
So does pain put out pain .
As i caught hold of this chain of reasonig .
I brought a blade to my hand .
And let loose the crimson waterfall .

Here I stall ,
As my eyelids seem to take a final fall ,
As fire puts out fire
So does pain .

No comments:

Post a Comment