Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tick Tock Rumblings

Tick - tock, tick - tock;
Goes my dear dusty clock .
Its hands move steady ,
Even as I become heady
For the drops down my throat I pour
And i begin to envisage the closing of the door .

My head begins to rumble
There are so many thoughts I fumble .
Why is death feared so much ?
Is it so bad, so gruesome, is it such ?
Why is it they fear its touch ?
Can it worse than being caught in the clutch
Of the demon that resides inside you ?
Which grace with its ill presence only  a few .
Is its pain worse than that of a  heartbreak ?
That can cause you to unmake.
It makes you view the world with tinted glasses .
And you lost your faith in the masses .
So what is it about death that people fear so much  ?
Why is their a fuss as such ?

Isn't death a mere retreat ,
Where after the long walk of life you can rest your feet ?
And at last receive,
That much needed reprieve .

Tick - tock , tick - tock ;
Goes my dear dusty clock .
Its hands move steady ,
Even as I become heady
For the drops of repieve down my throat continue to go ,
And then with a thud closes the door .

No comments:

Post a Comment